Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Alli's CBR-III Review #17 - All Together Dead

I just finished book 7 of the Southern Vampire Mystery series by Charlaine Harris. Here are my other reviews from this series: Definitely DeadDead to the World, Dead as a Doornail and Living Dead in Dallas.

There is not really a heck of a lot else to say about these books. There may be spoilers if you haven't read the previous books. Sookie is still a telepath and working for the vampires. This time she has headed out to a vampire summit at a fancy pyramid hotel. She reunites with fellow telepath Barry, they are both working for different vampire royalty to listen in on human minds.

Of course there are murders, and a mystery to be solved. For me it's all about the sexual tension between Sookie and Eric. It must be because of this. Sookie is currently dating the weretiger Quinn, which I guess is pretty good too. Quinn didn't factor much into this book, his company was arranging a lot of the summit so he was always otherwise occupied.

I am already starting on book 8 but I just got a bunch of holds in from the library so I might have to leave this for a while (I bought a few of these books since I got a gift card at Christmas). But I'm hooked and I will see this series through to the end. Plus season 4 of True Blood Starts June 26!!


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I've read up to number 9, and haven't picked up 10 or 11 yet - I think because this is one case where the TV version is better than the books, also possibly because I have so many other supernatural series that I read, this is no longer one I can live without - particularly since I can watch it on TV - even if the show is different than the books.
    I prefer her other series - the Harper Connelly "Grave" series.

    ReplyDelete