Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Book 18 - The Thrive Diet

I have been a long time user of Vega products, and so I have been meaning to read "The Thrive Diet" by the creator of those products, Brendan Brazier for some time. I have fallen off the health and fitness wagon a bit lately and so I decided that this would be a good way to refocus on that and learn more about nutrition along the way.

I have read a few books on the subject, In Defense of Food and Eating Animals among them. I read half of Twinkie Deconstructed before I had to stop lest I never be able to eat anything ever again. So The Thrive Diet was right up my alley. The gist of it is to eat foods that are the most efficient for your body to process for ultimate performance and health. It is a vegan plan, mostly encouraging leafy vegetables. It is not something that a person can jump into with both feet, but as someone who is aiming to "eat clean" it is a great goal to aspire to.

I have already tried two recipes from the book, mango coconut energy bars, which have really helped me to stay fueled while skiing for hours at a time, and the sweet green smoothie which is a smoothie made from romaine and honeydew among other things and it makes me feel super positive and ready to take on the world.

I bought a couple more of Brendan's books, a recipe book and a fitness book and I look forward to using them to help keep me on track and working towards my health and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment