Monday, August 8, 2011

Alli's CBR-III Review #26 - I'm Sorry You Feel That Way

I just finished reading “I'm Sorry You Feel That Way: The Astonishing but True Story of a Daughter, Sister, Slut, Wife, Mother, and Friend to Man and Dog” by Diana Joseph. It came highly recommended on the book cover and jacket so I thought I would check it out. It is a collection of essays or vignettes about different people and experiences in her life.

Even though I don’t generally enjoy short stories, I did enjoy this collection. Diana has a voice that I related to quite easily. Starting off with a tale about her father, I immediately “got it” and her tales about her teen aged son prepared me for what may be to come once my 10 year old hits that barrier. She tells of her ex husband, friends and colleagues. I didn’t notice until I peeked at her blog that all the tales are about the men in her life.

I appreciated the window into her world, the last tale (about her common law husband Al) to be the most moving. I see now on her blog that she has another little boy. I hope that all is going well for her and I would be glad to read more of her work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment