Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Alli's CBR-III Review #27 - Dead and Gone

As you may have noticed from the pictures, I did some reading at the beach recently. I was happy to have been able to do a bunch of reading on my trip to the Okanagan. Although I did end up getting sand in the dust jacket, but that is how it goes on the beach.

So I am now getting deep into the Sookie Stackhouse novels (or as they are technically called “The Southern Vampire Mysteries”). I have waivered back and forth on my opinion of these books versus my opinion of the TV show. It is pretty difficult to separate the two in your mind, I am finding it sometimes hard as well to remember what happened in each book as they all seem to blend in to one in my head. I am already well into the next edition and I thought that I might just lump them in together as one review. But that is cheating a bit, I am going to try and come up with something different to say about each one. I am on the second to last book that is available in the series, although I hope that there will be more to come in the future.

Just in case you are not aware, the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris take us into the world of telepathic barmaid Sookie Stackhouse. She lives in Bon Temps, in a world where vampires roam among humans. There are also other “supes” everywhere, and more seem to show up every day. Without giving away too much of the plot, this book centers around the growing relationship between Eric and Sookie, along with her continued relationship with her mysterious newly discovered relatives. There is a war, a murder, lots of action and sexytimes.

It was an enjoyable read, I was finished the book before I knew it and I had to run right out to Chapters to buy the next book in the series and I am already halfway finished reading that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment