Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RIP Murphy :(

I got back from Toronto on Sunday but I didn't get much reading done. I read a whole book on the flight over (Girlfriend in a Coma, excellent book, review to come) then I was pretty busy the next couple of days spending time with my friend and doing lots of drinking. On Wednesday however, I got some terrible news that one of my kitty cats was dragging his back legs which as a former veterinary assistant I knew was usually fatal. It's called and Arterial Thromboemoblism.

It was very hard to take as Griffin aka "Murphy" (he made a murphing noise instead of a meow) was the first cat I ever had on my own. He was such a great cat, he was personable to everyone he met and was so easy going that he even let me give him showers to keep him clean. I am very sad that I didn't get to say goodbye, it is very hard when he was totally fine when I left town.

So I was not in the right state of mind to do any reading for the rest of my trip, although I bought a Nick Hornby book right before this all went down so I am sure that will be next in line.

But before I go back to reviews, here is a tribute to Murphy. In the words of my son "There will never be another cat like Murphy".












No comments:

Post a Comment