Monday, December 27, 2010

Book Forty Seven - P.S. I Love You

This was a really long book, over 500 pages and I read it all today, I feel a bit drunk from reading.

 P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern was a title that I recognized since I have seen the movie that was made from it. The movie took large liberties with the source material, and the book is vastly superior.

This book is about the struggles of a young widow to grieve and move on with her life. Her husband has left her notes for each month following his death, as a way to help her move on. It is difficult to imagine being in her shoes, but  writes quite well, and the characters that she creates are extremely relatable. Holly's friends and family are painted in such a way that they are both there for Holly and also are fallible in not knowing just what to do for someone who is hurting so much.

Overall I really enjoyed P.S. I Love You, even if it veered strongly towards the sappy side. Sometimes that is just what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment