Monday, September 19, 2011

Alli's CBR-III Review #32 - Dead Reckoning

I was planning to wait to read this book since that way the wait for the next edition wouldn't seem as long. However, I was visiting the new Surrey library and they had a copy just sitting there on the shelf waiting for me, how could I resist? I devoured this book up in just over an afternoon, these books are such a guilty pleasure for me. If only all books were this quick to read I would have a way higher number on my count by now.

Dead Reckoning picked up where Dead in the Family left off. Sookie is continuing to get to know more about her mysterious new family members as well as some information from the past is uncovered when cleaning out the attic. There is lots of drama, right from the start there is a Molotov cocktail tossed into Merlotte's bar (not a spoiler, it's on the blurb). Also there are some vampire politics that are causing financial and personal difficulties for Sookie, Eric and the gang.

There are enough resolution to keep the reader satisfied and new plots are also set up for the next edition in the series. I continue to be entertained and addicted to this fun series.

No comments:

Post a Comment