Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book Forty - Heart of the Matter

One of the first books I read for this challenge was Love the One You're With and I have also read a few other books by Emily Giffin. I am getting a bit tired of her repeating the same themes and characters over and over again, which is a shame since I very much like her writing style. I suppose there are a lot of women out there with unhappy marriages since people eat her books up like candy and don't demand anything different.

Heart of the Matter is about a married couple, one of whom is a pediatric plastic surgeon who develops an unhealthy relationship with one of his patient's mothers. There is really not much more to it than that. There is also issues of bored housewives and how easily trust can be destroyed in a marriage.

I think that this will be the last book of Giffin's that I read, unless she decides to change themes, since I am bored with her current path.

No comments:

Post a Comment