Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book 35 - Let's Pretend This Never Happened


While I was reading this book my son kept asking me why I was laughing, I cracked up so many times he must have thought that I was losing it. "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by  Jenny Lawson has to be the funniest book I have read in a really long time, if not the funniest book ever. I have never heard of Lawson, "The Bloggess" but I am glad that I saw this book all over the #CBR4 site and gave it a read because it was a great time. 


"Let's Pretend This Never Happened" is a memoir filled with outlandish tales from Lawson's childhood and young life. Turkeys that followed her to school, Stanley the "Magic Squirell", and her obsession with taxidermied animals such as the mouse on the cover that she develops in her young married life. 

In addition to the humorous tales, Lawson also relays some more serious topics, although she inserts her humour into everything that she does. Lawson tells us of her struggles with anxiety and it warmed my heart to read about how she took a brave leap to take a trip to the winery with a bunch of lady bloggers. 

So if you haven't already done so, I would highly recommend reading this one asap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment