Monday, December 5, 2011

Alli's CBR-III Review #39 - The Guy Not Taken

It has taken me forever to finish another book, things in my personal life were not the best so I wasn't really able to focus on reading. It seems again that I will be unable to meet my goal of 52 books in a year, but perhaps I can get closer than last year and maybe 2012 will be the year I get it done. Last year I read 41 books in the year so I can be sure to beat that as I only need two more after this. No matter what, I feel that I have acheived something great, as I hardly used to read at all, and now I have read almost 40 books in 11 months.

"The Guy Not Taken" by Jennifer Weiner is a short story collection, which I never seem to really enjoy. This book was a bit of an exception for me as the first three stories focused on the same set of characters. I enjoyed that aspect, although one of the characters needed a good punch in the face.

The rest of the stories were enjoyable enough, they all seem to situate around relationships and I generally like those types of stories. One of the only things I would have preferred is for the stories to have been a bit longer. In any case, it was a nice light read and a good way for me to ease myself back into some reading.

I am already 50 pages into my next book and I am excited to see how it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment