Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Alli's CBR-III Review #1 - Definitely Dead

Ok so here we go again. I start off a new year with a new count. This year I hope to make my goal of 52 books. I am still working on the Sookie Stackhouse novels and I finished this one on January 1st but I haven't had time to get on here and bang off a review.

Since I have read several of these books, there is really not a heck of a lot else to say about them. Charlaine Harris has created a world full of supernatural creatures that live among us mere mortals. The main character is Sookie Stackhouse, a telepath who may be more than she seems as well. She has ingrained herself into the world of vampires and other "supes" and seems to encounter danger at every turn, and all the better for us to read about.

In this particular book, Sookie has a new boyfriend, and has travelled to New Orleans to clean out the apartment of a deceased relative. And guess what happens, she encounters danger. I don't want to say much more since it is a series and I don't want to spoil the plot.

These books have fast become a guilty pleasure of mine and I have 2 more on my shelf that I picked up from a Chapters gift card given to me by my work for Christmas. I am already halfway through the next novel but I have put it aside for now as a bunch of my library holds came in and I have to dig my way through all of them. I have 4 books at home and 2 more just came in! But they are all books that I am excited to read so I am pretty happy about having too many books on the go at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment