Friday, July 20, 2012

Book 32 - Bonk

I remember hearing about Mary Roach and her book "Stiff" when it was featured on "Six Feet Under" and at the time I thought it would be an interesting read. Then when I was reading reviews on the CBR4 site I found out that Roach had written a book about the science of sex and I had to check it out for myself.



"Bonk" is the humorous, unflinching, educational account of sexuality and the research that has gone into its study. Not for the squeamish, this book covers all the nitty gritty science behind the thing that got us all here. From meeting with Doctors trying to solve ED issues with surgery (men beware the descriptions in that section will make you cringe) to actually becoming a research subject herself, Roach really goes the extra mile to get us all the full story of sexual science. 


If you have ever been interested in how penile implant surgery works, or how MRIs have enabled us to see what happens inside the body during intercourse, then this could be the book for you. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment